Bacon Wrapped Cheese Bombs – the appetizer that will make the party! Cheese filled biscuit bombs wrapped in bacon and fried. Do it!
Bacon wrapped appetizer tend to draw the most attention. Bacon and cheese draws attention. Combine these together and you have THE appetizer for your party!
We tested this recipe several time, baking it in different temperatures in times but the frying method gave us the best final result: flaky biscuit filled with gooey cheese and wrapped in crispy bacon. Baking these Bacon Wrapped Cheese Bombs did not work. The bacon never got crispy and the cheese oozed out of the biscuits before the bacon was cooked. The most important tip is to fry the bombs in 350 degree F oil. Check with your thermometer (I highly recommend thermapen!) to make sure it’s between 340 degrees to 350 degrees. Any hotter and your biscuit will be raw inside while everything else will be super crispy.
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Bombs Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Bombs - the appetizer that will make the party! Cheese filled biscuit bombs wrapped in bacon and fried. Do it!
Servings: 10 people
Calories: 318 kcal
- 1 can biscuits we used Grands Jr.
- 6 oz . mozzarella cheese in brick, cut into 10 cubes
- 5 slices of bacon cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Mix melted butter with garlic. Set aside.
- Open biscuits and place on cutting board.
- Gently flatten biscuit. Do not make it too thin or the cheese will escape during frying.
- Brush the side up of a biscuit with garlic butter. Place one cube of cheese in the middle and close the sides, pinching the seam. Roll few times in your hands. Place on a plate.
- Repeat with each biscuit.
- Wrap each biscuit in one half of a bacon slice, securing it with a toothpick. Place back on the plate. Repeat with each biscuit.
- In a skillet, preheat canola or vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Not hotter.
- Fry each biscuit, about 1,5 to 2 minutes on each side OR until the side is crispy brown.
- Place fried cheese bombs on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- Serve warm with a side of garlic butter or marinara sauce for dipping.
more recipes @ www.crunchycreamysweet.com