- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 cups 1/2 inch cubes French bread or 3 cups Italian bread
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, boiled gently for 2 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- In small sauce pan, heat butter, olive oil, and garlic from top of recipe.
- When butter is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove garlic, toss bread cubes with butter mixture.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake at 350 F shaking pan once or twice, until croutons are golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Set aside.
- In large wooden salad bowl, run garlic clove around the inside of the bowl.
- Mash together the 4 cloves of garlic and the 1/2 tsp salt until they form a paste.
- Whisk in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash anchovy fillets in small bowl until they form a paste.
- Add anchovy paste to garlic mixture and whisk well.
- Add 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Add coddled eggs and whisk until blended.
- Add romaine pieces and croutons, and toss until coated with dressing.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source : TRADITIONAL CAESAR SALAD @ geniuskitchen