Laced with a hint of citrus, this moist chocolate cake recipe will surely make hearts go aflutter. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it even better. The best part? You don’t need an oven to make it.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk, orange zest, and juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg and vanilla. Add butter-sugar mixture. Whisk together until combined.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to milk-egg mixture.
- Pour cake batter into a 5-inch cake pan and cover with foil. Place a wire rack inside a large pot. Pour in enough water to create steam. Place cake pan on top of the rack and cover the pot with a lid. Steam over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: Combine cream, orange zest, and orange juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until warmed. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Place chocolate cake on a wire rack. Pour ganache over cake, making sure to glaze all sides. Let stand at room temperature to set.
Recipe Source : Steamed Orange Chocolate Cake Recipe @ yummy