One of the most popular uses of mango in Malaysian cooking is in making Mango Chicken. And there are two delicious versions. The first one is more of a Thai influence using mango slivers with other shredded veges served with crispy chicken and a sweet spicy sauce. The other is a stir-fried version with chicken and mango slices. The latter style being the one more popular in the USA because it’s widely offered by most, if not all of the Malaysian restaurants.
Malaysian Mango Chicken
- 2 12 oz containers Crazy Fresh diced white onion
- 1 15oz container Crazy Fresh sliced mango
- 1 12oz container Crazy Fresh sliced stoplight peppers
- 1 lb cubed chicken
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp fresh ginger root minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and stir in the onion until it has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken breast and cook until no longer pink in the center. Take out chicken and onion, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder, and corn starch. Set aside.
4. Using the same skillet, cook the peppers for 2 minutes, add the ginger, and cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken stock mixture and the cooked chicken breast. Cook until the sauce has thickened. Drop mango in and cook until mango is heated through. Enjoy!