No joke, this cake was so popular around here that people were looking for not only seconds, but thirds! And this poke cake was so easy to make, and can be adapted for several different flavors, you’ll definitely want to add it to your dessert armory. I happen to love raspberry, but other flavors that would rock with this are lemon, blackberry and cherry. I’m sure you can find others too!
RASPBERRY DREAM POKE CAKE RECIPE
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 oz package raspberry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 8- ounce container Cool Whip or fresh whipped topping
- 21- oz can raspberry pie filling
- Prepare cake according to box directions using a 13x9 baking pan. Remove from oven and cool for ten minutes.
- Use a serving fork to poke holes an inch or so apart all over the cake.
- Add the powdered gelatin to the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour gelatin over the cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from the refrigerator and frost with Cool Whip. Top Cool Whip with pie filling.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
Recipe Source : RASPBERRY DREAM POKE CAKE @ amandascookin