Naengmyeon is a very famous noodle menu in Korea especially in summer. Today the menu to be made is Mul-naengmyeon. If you are curious and want to try it please listen to the following recipe.
Some ingredients for Making Cold Noodle Korea:
1 pack of rye noodles (buckwheat)
3-4 shiitake mushrooms
1-2 dried seaweed (kelp)
8-10 large anchovies
1 pears, peeled, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon of garlic
125ml corn syrup
4sdm chili powder
3sdm spicy chili sauce (Gochujang)
65ml apple vinegar
1sdm sesame seeds
3 spring onions
1sdm soy sauce
1sdm corn syrup
Salt to taste
Soy sauce taste
2sdm mustard powder
Yeolmu Kimchi to taste
Here is How to Make Korean Cold Noodles
- Make a broth by boiling 2 liters of water, shiitake mushrooms, dried seaweed, and anchovy. After boiling let cool - Prepare naengmyeon spice. The mustard powder is mixed with 1sdm of water and place it in a warm place to ferment. (Can be placed on a hot broth) Cucumber sprinkles that have been cut thin with a little salt, and 1sdt sugar, 1sdt vinegar, and a bit of chilli powder. Put the pears pear into the water, add 1sdt of sugar to keep the pear color unchanged .
- For spicy sauce, a half-peared (or blender) scallop, ¼ onion, 1 teaspoon of garlic, 1sdt ginger, 125ml corn syrup, 4sdm chili powder, 3sdm spicy chilli sauce (Gochujang), 65ml apple vinegar, 1sdm sesame seed, 3 sticks leek, 1sdm soy sauce. After all is shredded, add 1sdm of sesame oil and 1sdt of fermented mustard, mix well.
- Make a naengmyeon broth by taking 250ml of Yeolmu Kimchi juice and 500ml of pre-made broth. (Vinegar, salt, and sugar can be added).
- Boil noodles in a large pot with 2/3 filled with water. Cook the noodles for 3-4 minutes (or according to the instructions on the noodle wrap). After cooking noodles, rinse with cold water several times for more chewy noodles and flour in the missing noodles.
- Put the noodles in the bowl and pour the broth to cover the noodles.
- Add Yeolmu Kimchi, pears, and cucumbers and ice cubes on top of the noodles. Put also 1sdt of mustard in a bowl.